While ductless, or mini-split, air conditioners have been on the market for a long time, many people and homeowners do not know what they are, nor do they know the benefits of installing ductless systems over traditional duct units. Ductless systems are extremely convenient, efficient, effective, and reliable. Here are 5 major advantages of ductless air conditioners for homeowners.
- First of all, ductless air conditioning systems are significantly more energy efficient than other models which require ducts. Ductless systems work to only use the necessary amount of energy needed to cool your home effectively and no more. Your energy use can be cut by up to 30 percent each month. This can help you to reduce your energy waste, helping the environment and reducing your carbon footprint drastically.
- When you save energy with an efficient, ductless system, you also save money! On average, American families spend over $1,000 each year on heating and cooling their homes. This cost can be reduced by anywhere from 20 to 30 percent each month, if you switch over to a ductless system. This means you are not only reducing waste, but you’re also keeping more money in your pockets.
- Ductless systems are also great because they are extremely easy to install, and almost anyone can put one together. When you install an air conditioning system with ducts, the process is often long and involved. You will need to hire professionals to install equipment and run the ductwork throughout your home. This usually takes at least a week and can be extremely invasive to your daily schedule and routine. Ductless systems on the other hand are much simpler and you can even install them yourself! The ductless system can be installed and finished completely in as little as one day.
- Ductless air conditioners are easy to use. Often ductless units are operated with a remote control so you don’t even need to get up in order to adjust the thermostat anymore. From this remote, you can adjust the temperature up or down as you please from anywhere in the room, quickly and simply.
- Enjoy some peace and quiet with a ductless system. Often duct systems are noisy, loud, distracting, and irritating. Luckily, ductless air conditioners are much less bothersome, so your favorite television show won’t be interrupted, and you won’t be woken up in the middle of the night. They simply make the noise of a quiet hum that blends into the background as white noise.
If you are in the market for a new air conditioner, you should really consider a ductless option instead of a traditional system that requires ductwork. These ductless models provide homeowners with a wide variety of benefits and luxuries including cutting back on energy waste, reducing energy bills, easy installation, user-friendly features, and peace and quiet in your home. This is a great idea and investment for your home if you are ready to upgrade your HVAC system now or in the near future.